As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 1500+ customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system - a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
Due to this growth, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our Development team. Reporting to the Development Manager, you will be embedded into an agile development team with responsibility for the delivery of a Microservices platform into the clinical sector.
Through the promotion of a strong working relationship between development, testing and operations, the you will be expected to play a crucial operational role in the adoption of a Dev Ops culture, with the aim of streamlining the Software Development Lifecycle through the automation and continuous integration of a Microservices architecture.
You will be expected to become a domain expert within Clinical Information Systems and be responsible for assessing the viability of deploying a range of cutting edge technologies into existing and future NHS trust architectures. Through the implementation of appropriate infrastructure, tooling and monitoring you will contribute towards ensuring adherence to best practices when considering non-functional requirements such as performance and security.
• Assessing the 'run-ability' of a solution as early in the lifecycle as possible and will be a key contributor towards the definition and design of a product feature at a user story level during the agile development process
• Assessing and influencing the various technology options available to the Development team for inclusion within a given architecture, to ensure a secure and performant solution
• The provisioning and maintenance of development, test and production environments and ensuring the network is configured to enable services to communicate appropriately
• Ensuring that the appropriate tools are in place for continuous integration, orchestration, log aggregation and monitoring of services within a given environment
• Timely identification of problems within a production environment and contributing towards the diagnosis and patching of any issues that may arise
To be considered for this position, you must have experience:
• Working in a DevOps based role or environment
• Working with Windows and Linux platforms
• Good knowledge of AWS cloud platform
• Working with Docker container technology
• Software development, scripting experience using, for example, the Microsoft stack (.NET)
• Continuous integration
• Strong grasp of automation tools
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good team player, comfortable with collaboration and open communication
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and 32 days' holiday including statutory and your birthday - We feel it is important that all our people get to celebrate their birthday, so have the day off on us!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE