QA Automation Engineer - Endpoint (C#, Python)
- Job Reference: 43540821-2
- Date Posted: 12 October 2017
- Recruiter: Sophos
- Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Highly Competitive + bonus & benefits
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated test engineer whospecialises in automation to help us deliver high quality software.
You will have responsibility for both the test approach and coveragelevels for each individual deliverable, working closely with other teammembers in order to deliver a range of test coverage; with emphasis puton building automation tests.
The team delivers new security features to a Cloud-managed Windowsenvironment, and maintains existing features; you will be an integralpart of allowing the team to achieve success.
What you would do?
Ensure the quality of Sophos products by contributing as part of theteam to deliver appropriate test coverage by means of developingautomation and manual tests, and driving best practice as part of anAgile product development team.
Ensure delivery of the teams Agile stories to a high quality, workingwith Developers and other Testers closely, both within the team andacross teams where applicable.
Progress the medium and long-term strategy for automation and otherareas of testing, working with other Testers, Test Leads and TestManagers across various teams.
- Using experience and expertise, work with the team to define andagree automation test approach
- Perform analysis of product and business risks to ensure testcoverage is appropriate
- Actively contribute to requirements capture and release planning
- Work with Developers and Test Lead to agree acceptance criteria forteam deliverables
- Define test scenarios and author automation and manual test cases toensure acceptance criteria are met for all the teams deliverables
- Drive for high-value and high-quality solutions which meet business needs
- Conduct System and Integration testing as applicable to ensure fullcoverage of all team deliveries
- Use development best practices to drive appropriate security testcoverage (fuzzing/attack surface analysis)
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
Experience and Skills
What we're looking for?
- Test development via scripting languages (e.g. Python/Perl)
- Team working
- Technical problem solving
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Operating system knowledge
- Automation tooling knowledge
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Defining and reviewing test strategies
- Attention to detail
- Familiar with different test methodologies e.g. Agile, V-Model
- Test development via high level programming languages (e.g. C++/C#/Java)
- Security domain knowledge
- Dev-ops systems and tooling knowledge
- Web development testing
- BSc Computing / other numerate, or similar experience level
- ISTQB Foundation
- ISTQB Advanced (Test Analyst)
- MSc Computing or other numerate
The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free beverages, fruit and pastries
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submitresumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having asigned agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and willnot pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place willbe considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to ourrecruiters for their attention. Thank you - provided by Dice